These listings are the result of many hours of YouTube searching since March 2018. Links were live at that time (both YouTube and individual contributors withdraw materials from time to time); descriptions, etc., have been edited from the contributors' YouTube notes.
While care has been taken to ensure correctness at time of preparation, it is the responsibility of the viewer to practice good computer hygiene/ security. No responsibility can be undertaken for omissions or inclusions, including in the notes; and different search criteria or timing might produce a quite different listing.
The inclusion of any individual item or series is not an endorsement of the material, nor is the ommission of something an indication of anything other than I haven't yet seen it. Materials are ordered by country, and where possible all items in a series have been grouped together.
Each entry includes the item's YouTube title and url, the name (or alias) of the filmmaker or contributor, the date of posting to YouTube, and a [possibly edited] description.
Copy/paste the url into your browser or search for the title within YouTube.
Lynn Zelmer, April 2018
Site/content copyright © A C Lynn Zelmer or as marked.
CaneSIG is one of the rail heritage and modelling sites hosted by
Australia -- Queensland Rail
- Suburban Trains Brisbane 1984 & 1993
-- Published on Jun 21, 2016
- Brisbane suburban trains was an interesting mix of rolling stock for quite some years after the overhead went up as there were not enough electric trains to cover all peak services.
- QR Historic Rail Events
-- John Bunker
-- Published on Dec 6, 2016
- This Video Clip depicts the 1st Electric Train movement on Brisbane metro.lines following it's transfer from Walkers of Maryborough. The Cavalcade of Qld Rail (QR) historic rolling stock.Old Roma St. Station.Sir Joh Bjelke Petersen boarding steam engine "The Betty" BB18 1/4. at Yeerongpilly. More historic Rolling Stock QR.(circa 1975) On the 08/05/1979 first section of track was energised. Roma St. - Corinda. On 17/11/1979. Ferny Grove Section opened.
- Savannahlander 2017
-- Published on Nov 3, 2017
- The Savannahlander at Dimbulah and a few points east.
- Introduction to the Savannahlander
-- The Savannahlander
-- Published on Jun 12, 2017
- Welcome to the Savannahlander. This is a short video to give you some tips and information to make your journey with us safe and enjoyable.
- A Ride on Antique RM60 Gulflander Railway Normanton
-- Published on Jul 24, 2017
- A Ride on Antique Railmotor RM60 Gulflander Railway Normanton
to 5 mile out triangle and back. Arriving back at Normanton someone drove their motor car in front of the train at the level crossing but the train driver anticipated the event and stopped in time and even had words to the motorist while we all waited.
- North Queensland Rail Action
-- Published on Nov 1, 2017
- Scenes on the Cape gauge lines of North Queensland taken while filming the sugar cane lines. Locations include Inkerman, Home Hill, Burdekin Bridge, Giddy Rd., Ayr, Brandon, Townsville, Cairns, Cairns North, Shaw Road (Redlynch) and the mouth of the Barron Gorge.
- QR 2016: Passenger Trains
-- Published on Nov 23, 2016
- Passenger services on Queensland Rail are a mixed bag, with the long distance trains into the interior normally being the only loco hauled trains. Some changes since our 2014 visit include the replacement of the "Sunlander" with a second "Spirit of Queensland tilt train set and the elimination of sleeper service on all but the "Spirit of the Outback". We were fortunate in that one of the electric tilt train sets that run between Brisbane and Rockhampton was replaced with a conventional consist. The ride on the Kuranda Scenic was fantastic once again.
- QR 2016: Coal Networks
-- Published on Nov 25, 2016
- A brief look at three of Queensland's heavy haul coal lines shot while working our way up the coast. I would like to do more heading into the interior on my next visit. The Blackwater and Goonyella systems are electrified and connected with the North Coast Line electrification. The Newlands network is farther north (Bowen area) and uses modern EMD diesels. The primary operators are Aurizon (former QR National), Pacific National and BMA (BHP-Mitsubishi Alliance). Queensland currently exports around 200 million tons annually which is about half of the average Powder River Basin total in the US. Not bad for narrow gauge!
- QR 2016: Freight
-- Published on Nov 25, 2016
- The Queensland Rail network is open access for freight, with the primary players being Aurizon (former QR National) and Pacific National. Containers make up the bulk of traffic, while the sugar industry contributes raw sugar and molasses loadings. There is also some minerals traffic from Mt. Isa to Townsville. There is also some cattle traffic, we were lucky to catch a loaded stock car move. The final scenes show Cairns Rail's former Emu Bay Ry. Walkers loco moving cement containers from Cairns to the Pacific National yard south of town. This loco is a slightly larger version of the Walkers engines that were rebuilt for cane railway use in the 90's. All of these shots were taken while working our way up the Queensland coast doing the cane railways.
- Ghost Stations - Disused Railway Stations in Queensland and Brisbane
-- Published on Sep 24, 2014
- Disused railway stations in Queensland: Alloway, Clayton, Cleveland Central, Cleveland (2nd), Colton, Coonarr, Elliot, Goodwood, Gundiah, Kinkuna, Mungar, Owanyilla, Thabeban, Theebine, Tiaro, Torbanlea.
- Disused railway stations in Brisbane: Badgen, Bunour, Doboy, Eagle Farm, Gloucester Street, Meeandah, Nyanda, Pinkenba, Tennyson.
last updated: 24 April 2018.