Internet and Web Technology: On-Line Information Strategies
National Health Informatics Conference -- Hobart 1999
The links on this page take to you the workshop topics of your choice. Links on subsequent pages will take you to further information or sites on the topic. Investigate the topics or ask the presenter specific questions.
Click on the HISA logo at the top of other workshop pages to return to this page.
Other sites should be in their own windows, which you can close to reveal the workshop page where you started. Otherwise use the GO and BACK commands to return to the workshop page of your choice.
- Web Searching
- General directories and search engines are only part of the strategy. Use health-oriented directories, content and discipline specific tools and sites.
- Aussie Legislation
- Site owner's responsibilities, intellectual property, etc., as well as health-oriented legislation.
- Consumer Data
- Comparative data on health care services for the consumer.
- Your own health using your computer
- There is NO Free Lunch!
- Hotmail and other supposedly "free" services
- Web Site Quality
- Determining the quality of information on a site
- New technologies and other items of general interest.
The sites selected here are a small portion of those available (predominantly organised around our own interests). Use the name of any disease or health/medical condition or treatment in one of the search engines to begin your own list.
This workshop is presented by A C Lynn Zelmer, PhD, a Central Queensland University senior lecturer who has long been involved in health training and health informatics. Contact him by e-mail at L.Zelmer@CQU.edu.au or visit his Home Page at http://vl-zelmer.cqu.edu.au. Research was provided by Hon Prof Amy E Zelmer, Faculty of Arts, Health and Sciences, Central Queensland University.
LAST UPDATED: 17/8/99 (LZ)